Sunday, September 8, 2013

First run

I try to keep myself active and fit by doing some exercises on the large balcony but today I decided to go for a run. It's the first run outside since my arrival in Haiti. It is not so safe to run in Port-au-Prince in most areas so I was using the treadmill which is fine but kind of boring after a while. There is an Uruguayan UN military base near by and they kindly allow us to get fresh water there and also use their gym. Right beside the base they also have a dirt road that makes a loop of roughly 2,5 kms. I did 2 loops and that was enough. The heat dried me right out of any energy but I felt good afterwards. I kept on looking behind me to see if Nancy was appearing in the horizon since she has been my running buddy for a long time ;-) The only things I saw were few cows and horses on the loose (no idea who they belong to)and they were watching me like if I were an alien chased by an invisible threat. I was at the zoo but this time I was the one being watched, funny feeling. A nice little dinner with my UNPOL friends at the unique local restaurant after that and the evening was complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment