Friday, October 18, 2013

Residents of the unfinished part of the police station part 3

Something had to be done. I talked to one of the Colombian UNPOL, my friend Edwin who is also quite involved in other projects on his own, and we decided that I will go to the school and pay whatever had to be paid for the girls to go to school.Then we would submit the total bill to all the Ouanaminthe UNPOLs (8 in total for now) and see if they were willing to participate to the cost if not we would split the bill between the two of us. The next day, I picked up the father and the 2 girls and we went to the schools they have attended before money was too much of an issue to keep sending them. The other Canadian UNPOL was also willing to come with us and be part of this beautiful new adventure. While driving the 2 little girls were so happy to be in a car and on every little bump on the road they were laughing, they were so cute, you don't believe me....just wait to meet them. So, at the school we met their mother and explain to her what we were willing to do but in exchange we wanted her word that she would take the girls to the school every day which she agreed on. We paid then for all fees, school logo for the uniform and the school shirt. Then, we went to the market to buy the 11 books they needed each and finally to the tailor to buy the fabric they needed for their uniform. Once all that was done, it was time to return home. I had an opportunity to present this little project to all my UNPOL friends and explained to them that was totally up to them if they were willing to participate and share the cost between us all. They had no hesitation to split the bills and pay their part. I can see that for most of us we are here with a common goal, help the less fortunate and I'm glad that over time we don't loose focus of that goal. But enough writing, it is now time for you to meet the 2 little girls I've been writing about for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment